1.1 This acceptable use policy (the "Policy") sets out the rules governing:
- the use of the web application at www.elitelawke.com, any successor web applications, and the services available on that web application or any successor web applications (the "Services"); and
- the transmission, storage and processing of content by you, or by any person on your behalf, using the Services ("Content").
1.3 By using the Services, you agree to the rules set out in this Policy.
1.4 We will ask for your express agreement to the terms of this Policy before you upload or submit any Content or otherwise use the Services.
1.5 You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Services; and by using the Services, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
2. General usage rules:
2.1 You must not use the Services in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Services or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Services.
2.2 You must not use the Services:
- in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, deceptive or harmful; or
- in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, deceptive or harmful purpose or activity.
3. Unlawful Content:
3.1 Content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person
(in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
3.2 Content, and the use of Content by us in any manner licensed or otherwise authorised by you, must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- constitute a breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- constitute a breach of official secrets legislation; or
- constitute a breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person.
4. Graphic material:
4.1 Content must be appropriate for all persons who have access to or are likely to access the Content in question, and in particular for children over 12 years of age.
4.2 Content must not depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner.
4.3 Content must not be pornographic or sexually explicit.
5. Factual accuracy:
5.1 Content must not be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading.
5.2 Statements of fact contained in Content and relating to persons (legal or natural) must be true; and statements of opinion contained in Content and relating to persons (legal or natural) must be reasonable, be honestly held and indicate the basis of the opinion.
6. Negligent advice:
6.1 Content must not consist of or contain any advice, instructions or other information that may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause death, illness or personal injury, damage to property, or any other loss or damage.
7.1 Content must be appropriate, civil and tasteful, and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
7.2 Content must not be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory.
7.3 Content must not be liable to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
7.4 You must not use the Services to send any hostile communication or any communication intended to insult, including such communications directed at a particular person or group of people.
7.5 You must not use the Services for the purpose of deliberately upsetting or offending others.
7.6 You must not unnecessarily flood the Services with material relating to a particular subject or subject area, whether alone or in conjunction with others.
7.7 You must at all times be courteous and polite to other users of the Services.
8.1 You acknowledge that we may actively monitor the Content and the use of the Services.
9. Data mining:
9.1 You must not conduct any systematic or automated data scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting, or other systematic or automated data collection activity, by means of or in relation to the Services.
10.1 You must not link to any material using or by means of the Services that would, if it were made available through the Services, breach the provisions of this Policy.
11. Harmful software:
11.1 Content must not contain or consist of, and you must not promote, distribute or execute by means of the Services, any viruses, worms, spyware, adware or
other harmful or malicious software, programs, routines, applications or technologies.
11.2 The Content must not contain or consist of, and you must not promote, distribute or execute by means of the Services, any software, programs, routines, applications or technologies that will or may have a material negative effect upon the performance of a computer or introduce material security risks to a computer.
Last updated: 1st February 2022.